I know you must be wondering “What is the Medifast Diet food like? What types of foods and flavors are available? Does the Medifast Diet food taste good?”.
I’m happy to let you know that Medifast Diet food is very tasty and it comes in a wide variety of flavors and foods. And since Medifast is a 5 & 1 plan you also get to eat one ‘real’ food meal each day. The ‘1’ in 5 & 1 is your one Lean and Green meal that you get to eat each day.
The Lean and Green meal consists of a protein (the LEAN portion) and a vegetable (the GREEN portion).
The LEAN portion of the Lean & Green meal is either:
- Five ounces (cooked weight) of lean beef, pork, lamb or
- Seven ounces (cooked weight) of chicken, turkey, fish or seafood
- Note: There are also substitutions available for vegetarians
The GREEN portion of the Lean & Green meal is either:
- 2 cups of salad greens with ½ cup of raw vegetables and 1-2 tablespoons of low-carb salad dressing or
- 1 ½ cups of low carbohydrate cooked vegetables
The actual Medifast Diet food itself is also varied, with over 50 items to choose from including including shakes, bars, soups, pudding, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and more. You can also use any seasonings you like including butter flakes such as Molly McButter to give you unlimited options with your Medifast Diet food. You are only limited by your creativity!