It’s inevitable. Your weight loss on the Medifast Diet has been going great, 2-3 lbs gone every week. And suddenly…BLAM…two weeks in a row no weight loss or even worse increased weight. Now what do you do?
Well don’t worry, it’s not time to give up what you’ve already accomplished. Weight loss plateaus happen to everyone and there are some simple ways to overcome the plateau and start your weight loss going again.
The following simple tips are designed to increase your metabolism and in some cases to trick your body, but they do work. Soon you’ll be back on your way to your goal weight.
Try the following to restart your weight loss:
- Make sure you’re drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day
- If you haven’t started exercising yet, now is the time to start. If you’re already exercising try increasing the intensity, step it up a notch.
- Watch your carbohydrate intake. If you’re taking in more than 85 grams of carbohydrates a day try to back off a bit. At this level even 10 grams less a day can make the difference.
- Try eating the bulk of your carbohydrates early in the day, ideally before 3:00 PM.
- Not sure what your carbohydrate intake is? Try logging your meals for a week or two to help you get back on track.
If you’ve tried all the above and you’re still not getting the results you want or if you just want to talk to someone about helping you come up with a plan shoot me an email. I’m always happy to help!